Select Training Workshops
- "LGBT Inclusive Workplaces," HubTalk at HubSpot
- "Creating LGBT Inclusive High School Communities" Governor's Academy
- "Being an Ally to LGBT People," Project Success High School program
- "Team Communication," Simmons School of Management, Strategy Class
- "Comedy as a Tool for Social Change," Simmons College, Undergraduate Class
- "Creating an Inclusive Environment for Lesbian and Bisexual Women," Brigham & Women's Hospital Fish Center for Women's Health
- "The Art of the Pitch," Simmons School of Management, Entrepreneurship Class
- "Public Speaking for Tour Guides," Municipal Art Society of New York
- "Improv Workshop for Jewish Students," Virginia Tech Multicultural Center
- LBT Cultural Competency Training, Illinois Department of Public Health
Select Speaking and Emcee Engagements
- "Bring Your Whole Self to Work," Simmons College School of Management Graduation Speech
- "Creating LGBT Inclusive Workplaces," Workforce Live
- “The Doctor is Out: A Conversation With Dr. Schuster on Being a Gay Physician at Harvard"
- Keshet Cabaret, fundraiser for LGBTQ inclusion in Jewish life
- BEAT Festival, (Brooklyn Emerging Artists in Theater), Coney Island
- "What I Learned From Cancer," Health, Education, Recreation (HER) Day, Center on Halsted
- Women's eNews 10th Anniversary Gala, Emcee, New York, NY
- Gay and Lesbian Medical Association Annual Meeting, Emcee
- Zanies Comedy Club, Democratic Leadership for the 21st Century fundraiser
- Kraft LGBT Employee Recognition Day, Chicago, IL
Select Comedy Performances
AIDS Ride, Aquafest Halloween Cruise, Astraea Foundation for Justice, Caroline's Comedy Club, Chicago Comedy Fest, Cornell University, Femme Conference, Gotham Comedy Club, HOT! Festival at Dixon Place, Laugh Factory, Louisiana State University, Milwaukee Pride, New York City Pride, Northwestern University, Phoenix HRC Comedy Night, Portland Pride, Roanoke Pride, September 11 Anniversary Show, SUNY Fredonia, Tulane University, University of Chicago, University of Maryland, Women's Health Foundation, Women's Funding Network, Zanies
Publications & Productions
- Elizabeth Dietz and Jessica Halem, MBA (2016). How Should Physicians Refer When Referral Options are Limited for Transgender Patients?. AMA Journal of Ethics, 18 (11), 1070.
- "Mentoring Relationships of Professional Indian Women: Extending the Borders of Our Understanding at the Intersection of Gender and Culture," S. Blake-Beard, J. Halem, E. Archibold, Mentoring Diverse Leaders: Creating Change for People, Processes and Paradigms (Routledge, forthcoming).
- “Mentoring as a Connecting Competency Builder: Examining POS as a Catalyst Across Dimensions of Diversity,” by S. Blake-Beard, A. Murrell, V. Krothapalli, J. Halem, and M. Kweder in eds., L. M. Roberts, L. P. Wooten, and M. N. Davidson, Positive Organizing in a Global Society: Understanding and Engaging Differences for Capacity Building and Inclusion (Routledge, 2015).
- “Career Progression in Academic Medicine: Perspectives from Junior Faculty Women of Color,” by C. F. Hill, E. V. Hill, M. Wake, S. Blake-Beard, J. Halem, J. Y. Reede, in Center for Gender and Organizations Insights, Briefing Note 39 (Simmons College, November 2014).
- Documentary Film Producer, Exotic World and the Burlesque Revival, 2011